10 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
The desert around Turpan is packed with Silk Road history but, unless you have a Chinese driver’s license, a tour is your only way to explore in a reasonable timeframe. This private guided door-to-door adventure hits highlights including the Karez System, an ancient irrigation system, the Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves, dating back 1,500 years, the ruins of ancient Gaochang with its painted tombs, and the 18th-century Emin Minaret. Tour includes lunch.
- See historic highlights around Turpan, including Gaochang and Bezeklik
- Private guide explains everything from ancient empires to engineering
- Learn about Uyghur culture from a local in their home
- Comprehensive package includes lunch and 2-way door-to-door transfers
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Drinks and dinner
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We also pick up and drop off at your centrally located Turpan hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers over 3 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY SilkRoadTrips
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingXinjiangBus Tours - UrumqiHistorical Tours - UrumqiFull-day Tours - UrumqiBus Tours - KashgarHistorical Tours - KashgarFull-day Tours - KashgarBus Tours - Jammu and KashmirHistorical Tours - Jammu and KashmirFull-day Tours - Jammu and KashmirCategory