- Get an overview of France’s world-renowned Alsace wine region from an expert guide
- Enjoy wine tastings of local Alsatian wine at two different wineries
- Soak up the atmosphere of a typical French wine cellar
- Select a morning or afternoon tour when booking
Departure & Return
Meeting Point Morning tour 9:00am: In front of Strasbourg Tourism Office 17 Place de la Cathédrale, Strasbourg
Meeting Point Afternoon tour 2:00pm: Near Bristol Hotel, 4 Place de la Gare, Strasbourg Please meet your guide 10 minutes before departure time
What To Expect
The first stop on your tour is in the town of Obernai, with its characteristic German-style half-timbered buildings and pretty cobblestoned streets. Join your guide for a walking tour of the town, ending at a local winery to sample some of the region’s wine.
Find out how the soil, climate, and sun combine to create the perfect conditions under which the Alsace region produces world-renowned white wines. Taste most of the seven grape varietals that are grown in the area, including gewürztraminer and Riesling, noting how complex and different the flavors can be.
Get back on the Alsace Wine Route to end up at your next stop, a wine tasting in a classic Alsatian wine cellar (caveau). Find out why cellars such as this provide the ideal environment for the aging and storing of wine.
After the visit to the wine cellar, enjoy the scenery out of the minivan windows as you make your way back to Strasbourg.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult only tour, children under 18 years of age are not allowed
- At least 2 adults are required for this activity to take place
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ophorus
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands