- Learn about the different eras in Nuremberg’s history like the Holy Roman Empire and Third Reich
- Explore the delightful Old Town streets, admiring its pretty half-timbered houses
- Stop for photos by the medieval city walls and St Lawrence Church
- Soak up the hustle and bustle of Nuremberg Hauptmarkt, the site of the town’s annual Christkindlesmarkt
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Please meet the guide outside the large center entrance of the Nuremberg main train station. The guide will have a red and white sign reading "Nuremberg Tours in English."
What To Expect
Delve into Nuremburg’s history as you stroll around Nuremburg Castle (Kaiserburg): hear tales of emperors, saints and sinners and admire the elaborate, half-timbered façade of the Albrecht Dürer House. Additionally, you’ll learn of Nuremberg’s association with the Third Reich and the city’s Nazi history.
Marvel at the spire of St Lawrence Church, a building that was almost demolished during World War II, and then capture photographs outside of Schöner Brunnen — a replica of a 14th-century water feature.
After strolling through Nuremburg Castle’s (Kaiserburg) imperial courtyards, immerse yourself in the bustling ambience of Hauptmarket — Nuremberg’s bustling central square — to learn about the world-famous Christmas market held there.
Here, bid your guide a fond farewell and continue exploring independently.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nuremberg City of Empires Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Nuremberg Old Town Walking Tour in English .