4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Descend to the atmospheric depths of one of the world’s oldest working salt mines on a half-day trip to the Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow. Alongside your guide, travel to a depth of 462 feet (140 meters) and navigate an atmospheric tangle of underground chambers replete with mining machines and impressive carvings. Marvel at structures made entirely from salt as you listen to the salt mine’s rich history and ascend to sea level in a swift lift. Round-trip transport from your Krakow hotel is included.
- Half-day tour of the Wieliczka Salt Mine from Krakow
- Descend 462 feet (140 meters) to the atmospheric depths of one of the world's oldest salt mines
- Marvel at salt sculptures and working mining machinery
- Learn about the history and heritage of the salt mine from your guide
- Round-trip transportation from your Krakow hotel is included
Saved to wishlist!
Door-to-door transportation (Free hotel Pickup)
English speaking guide in Wieliczka Salt Mine
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed please add a remark and we will pick you up from any
accommodation (also Airbnb) located within Krakow City limits.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that to reach the first level of the mine (64 meters underground), You have to descent a wooden stairway which has 378 stairs. After the tour, You will be taken up to the surface with a lift.
- Temperature in the Salt Mine is approximately 14 degrees C (57 degrees F), please wear warm clothes and comfortable shoes.
- Please note that this tour is not available on: 25th of December, 1st of January, Easter Saturday afternoon, Easter Sunday.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mr.Shuttle
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Wieliczka Salt Mine Tour from Krakow
4 to 5 hours
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingKrakowBus Tours - WroclawHistorical Tours - WroclawHalf-day Tours - WroclawBus Tours - WarsawHistorical Tours - WarsawHalf-day Tours - WarsawBus Tours - BudapestHistorical Tours - BudapestHalf-day Tours - BudapestCategory
Kalwaria Zebrzydowska Tours & TicketsDivine Mercy Sanctuary (Sanktuarium Bozego Milosierdzia) Tours & TicketsKrakow Water Park (Park Wodny Kraków) Tours & TicketsOgrodzieniec Castle (Zamek Ogrodzieniec) Tours & TicketsSt. Stanislaus Church (Skalka) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Contemporary Art in Krakow (MOCAK) Tours & TicketsJama Michalika Tours & TicketsEagle Pharmacy (Apteka pod Orlem) Tours & TicketsOjców National Park (Ojcowski Park Narodowy) Tours & TicketsFamily Home of John Paul II Tours & TicketsJózef Mehoffer House (Dom Józefa Mehoffera) Tours & TicketsHome Army Museum (Muzeum AK) Tours & TicketsJuliusz Slowacki Theatre in Krakow (Teatr im J. Slowackiego w Krakowie) Tours & TicketsCricoteka (Centre for the Documentation of the Art of Tadeusz Kantor) Tours & TicketsPolish Aviation Museum (Muzeum Lotnictwa Polskiego) Tours & TicketsDunajec River Gorge Tours & TicketsMaly Rynek (Small Market Square) Tours & TicketsGalicia Jewish Museum Tours & TicketsLipowiec Castle (Zamek Lipowiec) Tours & TicketsPlanty Park Tours & Tickets