- Private full-day Ephesus tour from Izmir
- Explore the Temple of Artemis with a private guide
- Take in top Ephesus landmarks including Celsus Library, the Grand Theatre and the Temple of Hadrian
- Gain insight into Ephesus’ role in Turkish history
- Traditional Turkish lunch in a local restaurant
- Explore the Cave of Seven Sleepers and the 6th-century Basilica of St John
- Tour includes round-trip travel from Izmir
Departure & Return
In front of Montro gate of Izmir International fair
What To Expect
Make a brief stop at the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, to stretch your legs and have a look around.
Once you arrive in Ephesus, take a tour of the area's highlights, including the Church of Mary, the Temple of Hadrian, the Grand Theatre, Celsus Library, and the popular Catholic pilgrimage site the House of the Virgin Mary.
Sit down for a traditional Turkish lunch in a local restaurant before continuing your exploration with a visit to the Basilica of St. John, dating from the 6th century. Your last stop is the Cave of the Seven Sleepers, said to be the site of refuge for persecuted believers in the year 250.
Return to Izmir for drop-off at the conclusion of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ephesus Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms