- Explore Neuschwanstein Castle on a skip-the-line walking tour
- Learn about King Ludwig II while visiting rooms like Minstrel’s Hall
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride from Neuschwanstein to Hohenschwangau
- Spend time at leisure in Hohenschwangau and stroll around Lake Alpsee
Departure & Return
Meeting point is at P3 at 9:10 am. GPS (Alpseestrasse 1, 87645 Hohenschwangau). Please wait next to the P3 sign. Your guide will meet you there.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Skip the typically long lines to get inside and enjoy a walking tour of this medieval masterpiece. Explore rooms like Minstrel’s Hall, the Byzantine Throne Room, and many more. Learn about the castle’s architect, King Ludwig II of Bavaria, and explore the terraces, grounds, and gardens outside as well.
After the tour, enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride down to the village of Hohenschwangau. Take a walk around beautiful Lake Alpsee and enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 9 people per booking
- Good walking shoes required
- Participants must be able to walk up and downhill as well as stairs
- In harsh weather conditions the bus to Mary's bridge might not be operating and you'll have to walk to the castle
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that we have only our meeting point in Hohenschwangau Village
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Your confirmation is not the ticket for the castle, it will not be accepted at the castle or the ticket center. Your guide will give you the official tickets for the Neuschwanstein castle.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY European Castles Tours
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff