2 days (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore the Mogao Caves and other highlights of Dunhuang on a private 2-day tour that starts upon your arrival at Dunhuang Airport. Visit the Crescent Lake, an oasis at the foot of Singing Sand (Mingsha) Mountain, then appreciate the exquisite Buddhist art at the Mogao Caves, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Learn about the Silk Road, have the option to ride a camel in the Gobi desert, and visit the night market to experience local life. Yout tour includes an informative private guide, transportation and 4-star accommodation.
- 2-day private tour of Dunhuang with Mogao Caves
- Snap photos of Crescent Lake and have the option to take a camel ride
- Tour the Mogao Caves to see splendid Buddhist wall paintings and statues, made from the fourth to fourteenth centuries
- Learn about the Gobi desert and the Silk Road in China
- Taste local cuisine and go shopping at the night market in Dunhuang
- Enjoy an overnight stay at a 4-star hotel, and pickup and drop-off at Dunhuang Airport
- Includes private guide and vehicle, accommodation, breakfast and entrance fees
Saved to wishlist!
Pickup and drop-off at Dunhuang Airport
Transport by private vehicle
Camel ride at Crescent Spring (Optional)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Dunhuang Airport, Dunhuang China
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Group discount is available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Camel ride at Crescent Spring is available with additional charge. Minimum 4 people is required. Please select at the time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY China Adventure Travel Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during 2-Day Private Tour to Mogao Caves in Dunhuang?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during 2-Day Private Tour to Mogao Caves in Dunhuang?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during 2-Day Private Tour to Mogao Caves in Dunhuang?
The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during 2-Day Private Tour to Mogao Caves in Dunhuang?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursOvernight ToursMulti-day ToursHistorical ToursCultural & Theme ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursTours & SightseeingDunhuangBus Tours - Western ChinaCity Tours - Western ChinaOvernight Tours - Western ChinaMulti-day Tours - Western ChinaHistorical Tours - Western ChinaBus Tours - YinchuanCity Tours - YinchuanOvernight Tours - YinchuanMulti-day Tours - YinchuanHistorical Tours - YinchuanBus Tours - ZhangyeCity Tours - ZhangyeOvernight Tours - ZhangyeMulti-day Tours - ZhangyeHistorical Tours - ZhangyeCategory