Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day trip combines Chengdu Panda Base and Leshan Giant Buddha
- Private tour for just you and your party
- Travel via high-speed rail, tickets included
- Lunch included
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Return to the city and catch the high-speed train from Chengdu Station to Leshan City. Watch the scenery out the window during the 1-hour journey. Arrive in Leshan City and transfer to the Leshan Giant Buddha Park, where you will sit down for a Sichuan-style lunch before exploring.
After lunch, climb the Lingyun Hill to visit the statue, which is 233 feet (71 meters) tall and carved out of a cliff, overlooking the confluence of the Qingyi, Dadu, and Min rivers. This UNESCO World Heritage Site is the largest stone Buddha in the world.
Walk down the Red Sand Cliff Road to see the Buddha’s profile from the bottom, then take the path over to the Mahao Grottoes, cave formations that are over 2000 years old.
Please note: on the weekends or holidays, there can be a long wait to see the Buddha. If you wish to skip the climb, you can go on a river cruise and see the Buddha from there.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- All travelers' name, passport number is required for train tickets reservation at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Hotel information and address for pick up and drop off
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY West China Go Travel Service
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.