6 to 8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Bring an empty stomach and an open mind for this gourmet food tour from Chengdu and enjoy a full day discovering the gastronomy of China’s Sichuan province. Explore historic Luodai and sample Hakka treats like sticky rice balls and smoked goose at the many street food stalls. Next, learn how regional specialty Pixian chili bean paste is made on a factory tour, then uncover the region’s culinary secrets at the Museum of Sichuan Cuisine. Back in Chengdu, end your tour with a delicious hot pot dinner at a traditional restaurant.
- Full-day tour of Sichuan food culture from Chengdu
- Visit the old town of Luodai and taste local food
- Learn about Sichuan cuisine at the Museum of Sichuan Cuisine and at a Pixian chili bean paste factory
- Enjoy typical Hakka snacks for lunch
- Dine on a delectable hot pot meal for dinner
Saved to wishlist!
Local Hakka snacks for lunch
Hot pot dinner
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Local English-speaking guide
Private comfortable air-conditioned vehicle
Admission of all the places list in the itinerary
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Departure point: Free picking up service from your city hotel or residence in Chengdu (all hotels within 3rd Ring Road), if you stay outside the 3rd Ring Road, then need to be picked up at the main gate of Wuhouci, or please contact us in advance to arrange to be picked up from your hotel or airport and pay extra cost to driver.
Return point: Returns to original departure point or can be drop-off at the city center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A small amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Samtour of Chengdu OTC Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Full Day Sichuan Gourmet Food Tour from Chengdu
6 to 8 hours
7 hours 20 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursBus ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsFood, Wine & NightlifePrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingChengduFood Tours - Southwest ChinaBus Tours - Southwest ChinaFood Tours - ChongqingBus Tours - ChongqingFood Tours - ChangshaBus Tours - ChangshaCategory
Kuan Zhai Alley (Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi) Tours & TicketsSanxingdui Museum Tours & TicketsMengding Mountain (Mengding Shan) Tours & TicketsJinsha Site Museum Tours & TicketsWangjianglou Park (Wangjiang Tower Park) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Sichuan Cuisine (Chuancai Bowuguan) Tours & TicketsLuodai Ancient Town Tours & TicketsWuyou Temple Tours & TicketsZhaojue Temple Tours & TicketsHappy Valley Chengdu Tours & TicketsShufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun) Tours & TicketsSong Xian Qiao Antique Market Tours & TicketsChengdu Sichuan Opera Art Center Tours & TicketsQingyang Palace Tours & TicketsLingyun Temple Tours & TicketsHuanglongxi Ancient Town Tours & TicketsDu Fu Cottage Tours & TicketsJiuzhai Valley Tours & TicketsWenshu Monastery (Wenshu Yuan) Tours & TicketsDujiangyan Irrigation System Tours & Tickets