8 days (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Discover a part of Europe still steeped in myth and Old World traditions on this 8-day tour through the villages of the Transylvania Carpathian Mountains. Departing from Bucharest, venture into the Romanian countryside with a guide to explore the medieval villages near Piatra Craiului National Park and Bucegi Natural Park. Stay in two different villages, meet local residents, and dine on regional fare for an immersive experience in this land of lore.
- Explore Transylvania, birthplace of the prince who inspired the Dracula legend
- Experience Old World traditions and culture in the villages of the Carpathian Mountains
- Visit the famous 'Dracula's Castle' in Bran
- Includes overnight accommodation in village pensions, all meals, and hotel/airport transfers in Bucharest
Saved to wishlist!
Accommodation in double rooms in small hotels and pensions
Ground transfers with private car or minibus as mentioned in the program
Licensed English-speaking mountain guide from day 2 to day 7
Hotel pick-up and airport drop-off
entrance fees to “7 Ladders Canyon”, Piatra Craiului National Park, Bran Castle
Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Otopeni Intl Airport, Bucharest Romania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring your own mask; we provide hand sanitizer. We are cleaning vehicles after every tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Active Travel Day Tours
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Village life in Transylvanian Carpathian mountains - 8 days?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Village life in Transylvanian Carpathian mountains - 8 days?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Village life in Transylvanian Carpathian mountains - 8 days?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Village life in Transylvanian Carpathian mountains - 8 days?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 9143P11
Compare Similar Experiences
Village life in Transylvanian Carpathian mountains - 8 days
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHikingNature and WildlifeMulti-day ToursEco ToursWalking ToursWalking & Biking ToursMulti-day & Extended ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaHiking - WallachiaNature and Wildlife - WallachiaMulti-day Tours - WallachiaEco Tours - WallachiaWalking Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - OtopeniHiking - OtopeniNature and Wildlife - OtopeniMulti-day Tours - OtopeniEco Tours - OtopeniWalking Tours - OtopeniBus Tours - BrasovHiking - BrasovNature and Wildlife - BrasovMulti-day Tours - BrasovEco Tours - BrasovWalking Tours - BrasovCategory
Choral Temple (Templul Coral)National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)Stavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman)National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)Holocaust MemorialPasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage)Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)Great Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)LipscaniGrigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryBucharest University PalaceMuseum of Senses BucharestArcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph)George Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)