12 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get in touch with your wild side on this guided day trip to the Fagaras Mountains and Transfagarasan Road. Your adventure begins with a visit to the moat-enclosed Fagaras Fortress, a former prison. Follow the Transfagarasan Road to the well-preserved Cartisoara Village. You’ll then see the highest mountains in Romania, the Fagaras range, followed by Balea Valley and Balea Lake. You won’t want to miss a drive through Romania’s longest tunnel and the stunning Poienari Castle.
- A day trip to the Fagaras Mountains and Transfagarasan Road
- Explore the Romanian countryside with the expertise of a local guide
- Soar to the top of Romania’s highest mountain range, the Fagaras Mountains
- Drive the famous Transfagarasan Road
- See Balea Valley and Balea Lake
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
Hotel pickup (if option selected) from hotels in Bucharest only
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We offer pick-up from any hotel, hostel, guest house or apartment in Bucharest.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. On Transfagarasan and Balea Lake it is usually cold, even in summer.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Voyager Turism
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Day Trip to Transfagarasan Road and Dracula's Fortress Poienari from Bucharest
1 hour 50 minutes
4 hours 45 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursNature and WildlifeEco ToursFull-day ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingBucharestBus Tours - WallachiaNature and Wildlife - WallachiaEco Tours - WallachiaFull-day Tours - WallachiaBus Tours - OtopeniNature and Wildlife - OtopeniEco Tours - OtopeniFull-day Tours - OtopeniBus Tours - BrasovNature and Wildlife - BrasovEco Tours - BrasovFull-day Tours - BrasovCategory
Holocaust MemorialGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)Pasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage)Bucharest Jewish History MuseumStavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryNational Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)Patriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)Arcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph)LipscaniGreat Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)Choral Temple (Templul Coral)Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Bucharest University PalaceCEC Palace (Palatul CEC)