3 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Travel back in time on this history tour of Bucharest focused on its Communist past. Stroll through the city with a guide, who follows a curated itinerary designed to show the effect of Communism on the country and its people. With a small group of fellow travelers, get plenty of personalized attention and have time to ask questions as you visit the landmarks and highlights of the past.
- Taste some traditional Communist Romanian sweets
- Small group of just 15 people or fewer
- Walking tour lets you get to know the city on foot
- See landmarks like Palace of Parliament and Revolution Square
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking guide
Small things to taste
An authentic souvenir as a present
Money back guarantee 100%
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Gratuities for the guide
Departure & Return
Bulevardul Unirii 1-3, București 040101, Romania
Social One Restaurant, Constitution Square
Piața Revoluției, București, Romania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum 15 people group. Please book at least 12 hours in advance.
- The tour takes place with a minimum of 2 people.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Unbelievable Bucharest
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
The Untold Stories of Communist Bucharest
3 hours 30 minutes
5 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingBucharestWalking Tours - WallachiaHistorical Tours - WallachiaHalf-day Tours - WallachiaWalking Tours - OtopeniHistorical Tours - OtopeniHalf-day Tours - OtopeniWalking Tours - BrasovHistorical Tours - BrasovHalf-day Tours - BrasovCategory
Stavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)LipscaniChoral Temple (Templul Coral)Arcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph)Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural HistoryPasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage)Bucharest Jewish History MuseumNational Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)CEC Palace (Palatul CEC)National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)Museum of Senses BucharestGeorge Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)Patriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)Holocaust MemorialBucharest University Palace