12 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Make the most of your time at shore with a full-day shore excursion to Berlin. Take the 2.5-hour drive through the countryside to reach the infamous Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp and learn about the camp’s dark past from your guide. Then head to Berlin for a city tour and see famous landmarks such as the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag, the Berlin Wall, and Museum Island before heading back to your ship.
- Explore Sachsenhausen Camp and Berlin on this full-day tour
- Learn about Germany’s dark past at the concentration camp
- Visit famous Berlin landmarks like Checkpoint Charlie and Hitler’s Bunker
- All entrance fees, transportation, and tour guide are included
Saved to wishlist!
Professional local tour guide (please note the tour guide only joins in Sachsenhausen for a tour of the Concentration Camp Memorial and of Berlin and is not present during the journey from the port and during the journey back)
Donation fee to the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
This tour always starts within 30 minutes from the cruise ship's scheduled arrival time at the port.
When you disembark from your cruise ship, please make your way outside to the terminal entrance. One of our representatives will be waiting for you displaying a greeting sign that reads: “Essence of Berlin”.
If your ship is delayed, don’t worry. The starting time of your tour will be postponed to within 30 minutes after your ship docks. If for any reason you are not with our driver by this time please call us immediately.
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
Group Tour Ticket
10/18/2020 - 2/5/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
1/31/2019 - 2/5/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is not an in-depth guided tour of the camp, which can take over two hours but rather a chance to visit a camp as part of your Berlin experience. If you would like a more comprehensive tour of the camp please inquire into our private tours and we can customize an itinerary for you.
- This tour does not include a full stop for a sit-down lunch. Due to time constraints only a short stop with an opportunity to buy a snack or a sandwich will be included in Berlin.
- This tour will include some walking. Please make sure to bring comfortable footwear, weather appropriate clothing and an umbrella – just in case. You will be able to store your possessions on the bus – the door of the bus will be locked at all times when the driver is not on board.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please bring some change in EUR for toilet stops, beverages and for lunch. If you do not have any EUR with you, please ask your tour guide in Berlin to arrange for a stop at an ATM – it’s no problem! US dollars are not accepted as legal tender in Germany. Please also note that many restaurants and stores in Berlin only accept cash, not credit cards.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- OPERATED BY Essence of Berlin
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Berlin & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour from Warnemünde and Rostock Port
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingBerlinPotsdamShore Excursions - PotsdamBus Tours - PotsdamWalking Tours - PotsdamPorts of Call Tours - PotsdamFull-day Tours - PotsdamShore Excursions - RostockBus Tours - RostockWalking Tours - RostockPorts of Call Tours - RostockFull-day Tours - RostockShore Excursions - PoznanBus Tours - PoznanWalking Tours - PoznanPorts of Call Tours - PoznanFull-day Tours - PoznanCategory
Platz der Republik Tours & TicketsAlexanderplatz Tours & TicketsBröhan Museum Tours & TicketsTierpark Berlin Tours & TicketsBerlin City Hall (Rotes Rathaus) Tours & TicketsTiergarten Park Tours & TicketsScharf-Gerstenberg Collection Tours & TicketsPrenzlauer Berg Tours & TicketsPhotography Museum (Museum für Fotografie) Tours & TicketsBerlin Zoo and Aquarium Tours & TicketsBerlin Gallery (Berlinische Galerie) Tours & TicketsGDR Watch Tower (DDR-Wachturm) Tours & TicketsGemälde Gallery (Gemaeldegalerie) Tours & TicketsTopography of Terror Tours & TicketsMuseum of Otto Weidt's Workshop for the Blind (Museum Blindenwerkstatt Otto Weidt) Tours & TicketsNew Guardhouse (Neue Wache) Tours & TicketsAltes Museum (Old Museum) Tours & TicketsGendarmenmarkt Tours & TicketsKnoblauchhaus Museum Tours & TicketsBerlin Musical Instrument Museum (Musikinstrumenten-Museum) Tours & Tickets