1 hour (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore the hidden world of prostitution at the Red Light Secrets Museum in Amsterdam. Head inside the former brothel house, home to the world’s only museum dedicated to prostitution. Trace the history of Amsterdam’s red light district from the 1500s up to and beyond the legalization of prostitution in 2000; sit at a window where prostitutes once advertised their services; see a typical workroom, and learn the secrets of the world’s oldest profession through the real-life anecdotes of those involved.
- Entrance ticket to the Red Light Secrets Museum in Amsterdam
- Enjoy access to the world’s only museum of prostitution, set in a 17th-century house formerly used as a brothel
- Discover the secrets of the world’s oldest profession and view a typical workroom for entertaining clients
- Take a seat a prostitute’s window to experience the reality behind the glass
- Learn about the history of prostitution in Amsterdam including its legalization in 2000
- Experience the real-life stories and hopes of prostitutes in their own words
Saved to wishlist!
Entrance ticket to the Red Light Secrets Museum
Inga's personal audio stories (Dutch/English/Spanish/German/French/Italian)
Booklet about the Red Light District
Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Transportation to/from attractions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This activity is only suitable for those aged 18 years and older
- Last admission is 1 hour before closing time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- OPERATED BY Red Light Secrets Museum
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Red Light Secrets: Museum of Prostitution Amsterdam?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Red Light Secrets: Museum of Prostitution Amsterdam?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Compare Similar Experiences
Red Light Secrets: Museum of Prostitution Amsterdam
1 hour 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Attractions & MuseumsMuseum Tickets & PassesSightseeing Tickets & PassesAmsterdamAttractions & Museums - RotterdamMuseum Tickets & Passes - RotterdamAttractions & Museums - DordrechtMuseum Tickets & Passes - DordrechtAttractions & Museums - LeeuwardenMuseum Tickets & Passes - LeeuwardenCategory
Portuguese SynagogueDiamond Museum AmsterdamZuiderkerk (Southern Church)Hermitage AmsterdamSingel CanalHerengrachtDelftRed Light Secrets (Museum of Prostitution)St. Nicholas Basilica (Sint Nicolaasbasiliek)DamrakEnclosing Dike (Afsluitdijk)Rembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis)EYE Film Institute (EYE Filmmuseum)Artis Amsterdam Royal Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra)Amsterdam MuseumMuseum Van LoonFOAM Photography Museum Amsterdam (Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam)Amsterdam Tulip MuseumEmperor's Canal (Keizersgracht)Museum Quarter (Museumplein)