5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience an iconic landscape of fishing villages, windmills, and craftsmen’s shops on a small-group tour from Amsterdam into the Dutch countryside. Visit a series of traditional, restored windmills in Zaanse Schans, and walk the dikes and harbor of Volendam, a pretty port lined with bright houses and sailboats. Sample locally-make cheeses and Dutch schnapps, with time to choose a restaurant for lunch, then enjoy sweeping views of the landscape during the return trip to Amsterdam.
- Small-group tour of the Dutch countryside
- See picture-perfect landscapes and villages
- Learn about traditional life and culture
- Great overview and orientation for first-time visitors
Saved to wishlist!
Groupsize max 8 persons
Dutch fruit wine
Food and drinks
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Departure & Return
Cafe De Pont , Buiksloterweg 3-5, 1031 CC Amsterdam, NetherlandsThis activity will end right where it started.
in front of the cafe next to the terras.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age 7 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Experiencewaterland
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Zaanse Schans Windmills and Volendam Small-Group Tour from Amsterdam ?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "It was so worth paying more to take a "small group" tour rather than be on the cheaper group large bus tours." See review
- "A small group is a perfect size for this type of tour." See review
- "The Windmills are fascinating and even though we had a very foggy day, so worth seeing if you have the time." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Zaanse Schans Windmills and Volendam Small-Group Tour from Amsterdam
5 hours 30 minutes
6 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesBus ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesAmsterdamUnique Experiences - RotterdamBus Tours - RotterdamHalf-day Tours - RotterdamUnique Experiences - DordrechtBus Tours - DordrechtHalf-day Tours - DordrechtUnique Experiences - LeeuwardenBus Tours - LeeuwardenHalf-day Tours - LeeuwardenCategory
Westerkerk (Western Church) Tours & TicketsMuseum of the Canals (Het Grachtenhuis) Tours & TicketsLeiden Square (Leidseplein) Tours & TicketsJohan Cruyff Arena Tours & TicketsNational Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum) Tours & TicketsDe Gooyer Windmill Tours & TicketsSkinny Bridge (Magere Brug) Tours & TicketsWaterlooplein Market Tours & TicketsAmsterdam Cruise Port Tours & TicketsVondelpark Tours & TicketsThis is Holland Tours & TicketsKalverstraat Tours & TicketsMuseum Our Lord in the Attic (Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder) Tours & TicketsFOAM Photography Museum Amsterdam (Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam) Tours & TicketsTropenmuseum Tours & TicketsBloemenmarkt Tours & TicketsBrouwersgracht Tours & TicketsNew Market Square (Nieuwmarkt) Tours & TicketsRembrandt Square (Rembrandtplein) Tours & TicketsRembrandt House Museum (Museum Het Rembrandthuis) Tours & Tickets