- Guided bike tour around the countryside surrounding Amsterdam
- Visit a traditional Dutch farmhouse that produces cheese and clogs
- Pass through pretty parks including the Amsterdamse Bos and Vondelpark
- Enjoy insightful and entertaining commentary from a well-versed guide
Departure & Return
The meeting point is only a 3-minute walk away from Leidseplein (easy to reach by tram). We start at the bike shop of our partners of A-Bike Vondelpark next to the entrance of Vondelpark. We hope to meet you there!
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your tour begins in central Amsterdam in the late morning, when your informative guide provides a brief introduction to Amsterdam’s history. Then, cycle through the bike-friendly city of Amsterdam, pedaling along narrow streets and canals and over beautiful bridges.
Slowly, your cityscape changes to tranquil pastures and peaceful waterways. Keep watch for colorful houseboats, as well as people fishing and rowing in the water.
At a local farmhouse, meet a farmer and enjoy some Dutch traditions: sample farm-produced cheese and watch a demonstration of how clogs are made. Stop at the iconic De Riekermolen windmill, one of only eight remaining authentic windmills in and around Amsterdam.
During your ride back to Amsterdam, cycle through some of the city’s parks including the lush Vondelpark, Amsterdam’s largest and most well-known park, and the woodland scenery of Amsterdamse Bos Park. Your tour ends in the afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Distance approximately 20 km (12.5 miles)
- A reasonable level of fitness, health and biking skill is necessary.
- This tour operates with English language only
- Lunch: feel free to pack a lunch and bring something to snack along the route or out at the cheese farm because while the farmer has cheese to eat the wooden shoes are not fun to nibble on unless you are a chipmunk.
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Confident riders only
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mike's Bike Tours Amsterdam
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.