Top Xining Tickets & Passes
Saved to wishlist!
Tours by Duration
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
Private Sightseeing Tours
Nature and Wildlife Tours
Art & Culture
How to Get Around
On the Ground
4 results | All Xining Tours
Explore Tibetan Buddhism, nomadic culture and vast grasslands on this 9-day overland tour from Xining to Chengdu that takes you off the beaten path. Travel through Qinghai, the Tibet Autonomous Prefecture, Gansu and Sichuan, including stops at Rebkong, Labrang, Takstan Lhamo, Zoige and Barkham. Visit remote Tibetan villages and monasteries, nomadic families, vast grasslands and plateaus and end the trip in Chengdu.
Trek past fields of Edelweiss and yaks grazing near turquoise glacial lakes and discover the dramatic shark tooth peaks of Nyenbo Yurtse. This the home to Tibetan nomads who live at the base of a mountain that hovers at a lofty 5369 meters/17,615 feet. And getting there is half the fun! Along the way to Nyenbo Yurtse you will get to walk through the mud-daubed alleys of Labrang Monastery and see the untamed grasslands and the nomads who worship there. This particular itinerary offers 3 days of trekking with horses carrying your backpacks every day so you only need to carry a light daypack on the trek.
This private tour will show you the cultural heartland of Amdo and Kham region of Tibet. and enjoy the magnificent art of Repkong Thangkas. And discover the vast grassland of Amdo and rugged terrains of Khampa heart land and also the ancient watch towers of Rongdak and Snow mountains and glacier lakes.
Strap on your boots and and get ready for adventure! Our week-long trip will begin in Qinghai’s provincial capital, Xining, and finish in Gansu’s provincial capital Lanzhou. A cross between wilderness and cultural exploration, our journey will take us to secluded temples, remote gorge and mountain hikes, and both a Tibetan village and nomadic tent homestay in a quest for authentic immersion. While this region is known as the Gateway to Tibet, its unique culture is also influenced by its large Muslim population and proximity to Mongolia and Sichuan. Still undisturbed by the furor of tourism, Qinghai and Gansu both offer the chance for true adventure. Be prepared for challenges of every kind, whether picking up a new phrase in Tibetan or breathing at an altitude of more than 2000m, and also for the chance to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Tickets & Passes in Xining?
The best Tickets & Passes in Xining according to Viator travelers are:
What Tickets & Passes in Xining are taking additional safety precautions?
These Xining experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Lanzhou
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Zhangye
- Things to do in Yinchuan
- Things to do in Chengdu
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Dunhuang
- Things to do in Taiyuan
- Things to do in Western China
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Pingyao
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Tibet
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets