Top Wallachia Historical Tours
497 results | All Wallachia Tours
* A traveler said: "Great day. loved the tour. Dracula's castle ended up being the least amazing part of this trip. Really loved the Peles Castle & Brasov portion far more than I thought I would! Van was comfortable & Alex the guide was a great mix of humour and knowledge ... totally recommend it! Chris"
* A traveler said: "The two castles and the beautiful countryside were wonderful as was Braşov. Our guide, Stephania, was personable and extremely knowledgeable. Although it was 14 hours long, we highly recommend this tour!"
* A traveler said: "The trip was a delight. Our guide, Emanuel was well informed, humourous and accomodating. The vehicle was comfortable and the trip itself surpassed my expectations. I wish we could have spent +0.5 hour in each destination but it was already a big trip.. All in all, I wholeheartedly recommend this trip to anyone visiting Bucharest!"
* A traveler said: "Highly recommend this tour as a brilliant start to seeing Bucharest. Our guide Andrea was so informative and gave us a lot of insight into how communism affected ordinary people. Also able to appreciate the architecture and buildings."
* A traveler said: "Very professional guide and driver, he knew so much about the history and the places, I enjoyed it a lot"
* A traveler said: "A wonderful and excellent adventure with a fabulous guide (Eugene) who did a fantastic job! We loved this tour a lot!"
* A traveler said: "Fabulous trip when we arrive to Bucharest in excellent weather and excellent guide Andra really we enjoy the historic places in Old Town and Bucharest history’s and really enjoy the lunch in an excellent restaurant.It’s a must to make This tour in Bucharest Thank you again Andra"
* A traveler said: "A great day visiting Peles, Bren and Brasov. Alexandra was a very knowledgeable guide and we leant a lot. Weekend was very busy at both castles, even in November, so if you have the chance to go during the week, do."
* A traveler said: "This trip was our highlight in Romania. Excellent value for the price. Gorgeous scenery and Fairytale cities. Staying over night in Sighisoara was breathtaking. Peles Castle made us speechless. Terrific driver Boogie took excellent care of us. We highly recommend this trip🤗"
* A traveler said: "This place is huge! I was astounded by how much we did see and it was only 7%. The ceilings are a tall person's dream. The tour was filled with great information and the guide was excellent! Such a feat in architectural wonder! Make sure you have someone to take your photos while you stand next to everything in the corridors, rooms, and in front of the stairways and doors! Selfie sticks won't do the job. If you have a GoPro, bring it or anything that has a wide or ultrawide lens. You will leave there knowing why it is the heaviest building in the world and you can see it from space."
* A traveler said: "I really enjoyed this tour. Cristi was much more than a tour guide, he was a story teller and a history expert on Romania and Bucharest. I was lucky enough to be the only one on this tour so we were able to spend an extra couple hours roaming the city and learning about some additional sites. I highly recommend this tour and if you're lucky enough to get Cristi, you're in for a real treat. A++++++"
* A traveler said: "On a raining day, this tour is an excellent idea. We were welcomed in our hotel by our private guide, Angelca. She was marvelous. Excellent knowledge about her country, good driver and very nice person. Thanks again, Angelica for an excellent day."
* A traveler said: "If you like mountains, history and gorgeous scenery this is your tour. Do not hesitate even if you have little kids, everyone will be smitten by the adventure on this route. Our guide Alin was absolutely outstanding, he went out of his way to accommodate us and show us the best of what this tour had to offer. Amazing and very caring! We came here knowing nothing about this country, but we love Romania now!"
* A traveler said: "Alena was an amazing guide. Brilliant English and gave us a brilliant introduction to Bucharest. We saw and learnt so much about the city and history. She went the extra mile to make this a very memorable tour."
* A traveler said: "We reaaly enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about the Jewish background of Bucharest, as well as about the city itself. The guide, Marius was very interesting and full of knowledge and information athat he was willing to share. Very recommended, not only for Jews"
* A traveler said: "This was a wonderful walking tour of Bucharest with sights that you would not see if you were out exploring on your own. Anita adjusted the tour to suit my needs for great photo locations! She is amazing and quite knowledgable. Bucharest is a fascinating place, with rich architecture, eclectic street art, and happy people. I loved all the stories that went with each stop. So much history to consume! I wished the tour was longer! By the way, 5 To Go has some great hot chocolate! Would highly recommend if you want to be enriched mentally, socially and physically!"
* A traveler said: "It was an amazing day! Our guide Andrei was amazing! His knowledge of the cities and people really made our experience. We enjoyed great conversation & every recommendation Andrei gave us, from restaurant to dishes to order were bang on. Loved it - would recommend to anyone. We are planning on going back! Chris"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Arts & Design
- Archaeology Tours
- Cultural Tours
- Historical Tours
- Photography Tours
- Religious Tours
- Underground Tours
- Pop Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Holocaust Memorial
- National Museum of Art of Romania (Muzeul National de Arta al Romaniei)
- Choral Temple (Templul Coral)
- Victoriei Street (Calea Victoriei)
- George Enescu National Museum (Cantacuzino Palace)
- Pasajul Macca-Vilacrosse (Macca-Villacrosse Passage)
- Museum of Senses Bucharest
- Stavropoleos Monastery (Manastirea Stavropoleos)
- Bucharest Jewish History Museum
- Great Synagogue (Sinagoga Mare)
- Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Roman)
- Romanian Peasant Museum (Muzeul National al Taranului Roman)
- Cantacuzino Castle (Castelul Cantacuzino)
- Bucharest University Palace
- Patriarchal Cathedral (Metropolitan Church)
- Grigore Antipa National Museum of Natural History
- National Museum of Romanian History (Muzeul National de Istorie a Romaniei)
- Ialomicioara Monastery and Cave
- Arcul de Triumf (Arch of Triumph)
- Things to do in Bucharest
- Things to do in Transylvania
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Brasov
- Things to do in Sibiu
- Things to do in Sighisoara
- Things to do in Veliko Tarnovo
- Things to do in Tulcea
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Macedonia
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast
- Things to do in Dalmatia
- Things to do in Aegean Coast
- Things to do in Lower Austria