Most people visit Aeroscopia independently from nearby Toulouse. Features at the museum include retired commercial and military aircraft, model planes, flight simulators, and a collection of aviation photography. A themed area covers aviation-industry careers, and an aircraft-assembly area allows visitors to customize their own Airbus blueprints.
Things to Know Before You Go
Aeroscopia is a must-visit for anyone interested in aviation.
Note that the museum hall is not heated, so bring warm clothes if you’re visiting during the winter months.
There's a restaurant and gift shop on-site.
The museum is wheelchair-accessible, with loaner wheelchairs, walkers, and strollers available at the front desk.
Aeroscopia offers facilities for the hard of hearing and braille panels for the visually impaired.
How to Get There
Aeroscopia is located in Blagnac, a suburb north of Toulouse. It's about a 20-minute drive from the Toulouse city center or 10 minutes from Toulouse-Blagnac Airport, and there’s plenty of free on-site parking. The Aéroconstellation tram station is about a 15-minute walk away; from here it takes about half an hour to reach Arènes in Toulouse.
When to Get There
Aeroscopia is open daily, including public holidays, from morning to evening, with last entry an hour before closing. Note that the museum is closed annually for a week in January; check the calendar if you plan to visit during that time.
The Airbus Factory
Many visitors combine a visit to Aeroscopia with a trip to the Airbus Factory, a short walk away. Four 90-minute visiting times are offered throughout the day, during which guests can learn the ins and outs of aircraft manufacture. You’ll even get the chance to peer inside an A400M.
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Bordeaux
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Les Abattoirs Museum
- St. Sernin Basilica (Basilique Saint-Sernin)
- Place du Capitole
- Garonne River
- Basilica of Our Lady of the Daurade (Notre-Dame de la Daurade)
- Pont Neuf
- Museum of Augustins (Musée des Augustins)
- Toulouse Cathedral (Cathedrale St-Etienne)
- Space City (Cite de l'Espace)
- Fronton Wine Region
- Albi Cathedral
- Toulouse-Lautrec Museum (Musée Toulouse-Lautrec)
- Black Mountains (Montagne Noire)
- Happy Forest