Bishop Erazm Ciolek Palace (Polish National Museum in Krakow)
Krakow is a historically and artistically rich city, and the Bishop Erazm Ciolek Palace branch of the National Museum is an essential stop for visitors interested in learning more about it. Many city sightseeing tours pass by the palace, though travelers typically visit the museum independently to explore at their own pace. A handy way to include the palace in your Krakow itinerary is to purchase a museum pass, which includes access to several museums, galleries, and other attractions around the city.
Things to Know Before You Go
There’s an entry fee to the museum, but kids under 7 years old get in free.
The museum is wheelchair-accessible and features a lift and accessible restrooms.
Audio guides in English (as well as several other languages) are available for rent.
How to Get There
The museum is just north of Wawel Castle, on ul Kanonicza. Like most of central, historic Krakow, it’s best reached on foot, as traffic flow is limited in this area. To reach the museum by public transport, take tram 6, 8, 10, 13, or 18 to św. Gertrudy Street or Franciszkańska Street.
When to Get There
Like many museums and galleries throughout Europe, this one is closed on Mondays. Opening hours are longer on Saturdays, and access to the permanent exhibits is free on Sundays. The museum is more crowded then, but it’s a good opportunity for travelers on a budget.
Leonardo da Vinci at the Czartoryski Museum
Another Krakow branch of the National Museum that’s worth checking out is the Czartoryski Museum. Its most famous exhibit is Leonardo da Vinci’sLady with an Ermine, and art and culture enthusiasts shouldn’t miss the rare opportunity to see a painting by the Italian Renaissance artist outside Italy or France.
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Lviv
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Schwechat
- Things to do in Vienna
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Cesky Krumlov
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Western Romania
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Archdiocesan Museum (Muzeum Archidiecezjalne w Krakowie)
- Archaeological Museum of Krakow (Muzeum Archeologiczne w Krakowie)
- Wawel Cathedral (Katedra Wawelska)
- Wawel Royal Castle (Zamek Wawelski)
- Wawel Hill
- Krakow Pinball Museum
- Planty Park
- Rynek Glowny (Main Market Square)
- St. Adalbert Church (Kościól Św. Wojciecha)
- Krakow Town Hall Tower (Wieza Ratuszowa w Krakowie)
- Jagiellonian University (Uniwersytet Jagielloński)
- Adam Mickiewicz Monument (Pomnik Adama Mickiewicza)
- Maly Rynek (Small Market Square)
- Gallery of 19th-Century Polish Art (Galeria Sztuki Polskiej XIX Wieku w Sukiennicach)
- Cloth Hall (Sukiennice)