Laxmi Vilas Palace
Built by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in 1890 (and designed by British architect Major Charles Mant), Laxmi Vilas Palace still serves as the residence of the Vadorada royal family. The Indo-Saracenic architectural style of the facade features elements of European, Indian and Islamic traditions, and when it was completed, the palace ranked among the largest private residences in the world.
The equally elaborate interiors feature beautiful mosaics, including a Venetian mosaic floor in the Durbar Hall laid by the Murano Company of Venice over a period of 18 months. Carrara marble, Italian sculptures by Signor Fellicci, stained glass windows from England, paintings of Raja Ravi Varma and Venetian chandeliers put the finishing touches on this magnificent Raj-era palace. The landscaped gardens also house the small Maharaja Fatesingh Museum, worth a visit if you’re already at the palace.
Tours and tickets to Experience Laxmi Vilas Palace
What are Laxmi Vilas Palace hours of operation?
Should I book Laxmi Vilas Palace tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Laxmi Vilas Palace 2021?
What's the best way to experience Laxmi Vilas Palace?
- 02 Nights & 03 Days Vadodara and Champaner Tour
- Surat to Ahmedabad, Vibrant Gujarat Tour
- Day Trip to Champaner Archeological Park & Laxmi Vilas Palace in Vadodara
- Best of Vadodara (Guided Full Day City Sightseeing Tour by Car)
Things to do near Gujarat
- Things to do in Sasan Gir
- Things to do in Maharashtra
- Things to do in Rajasthan
- Things to do in Himachal Pradesh & Uttarakhand
- Things to do in Udaipur
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Aurangabad
- Things to do in Pune
- Things to do in Jodhpur
- Things to do in Uttar Pradesh
- Things to do in Jammu and Kashmir
- Things to do in Tamil Nadu
- Things to do in Kerala
- Things to do in Odisha
- Things to do in Northern Sri Lanka