Top Dunhuang Sightseeing Tours
68 results | All Dunhuang Tours
* A traveler said: "The Mogao Grottoes are amazing. The dunes for a hike is also great. So much history. The tour can be done by yourself as long as you get tickets ahead of time. For English speakers I had to wait for an hour to gather other ex pats, but the tour was great with only a few people. The guide for the caves was very knowledgeable. I chose the 8 caves option."
* A traveler said: "An excellent day out. Highly enjoyable. The guide spoke good English and was friendly and welcoming. The Mogao Caves are well worth seeing - went round with a guide who worked on the site. Lots of information about the style of art and statues inside the caves. The afternoon was great - completely different. Had a camel ride up the dunes and a walk around the lake. A well planned day which allowed for some flexibility. Lunch was provided and was tasty and plentiful. Definitely recommend. 👍"
* A traveler said: "As it was a private tour for one I was treated so nicely and full of caring from hotel to hotel service ... especially all in my control of timing and every detail. Visiting dunhuang in low season is great and there is no line up to visit the caves and English speaking on site guide is more relaxingly to answer all my questions impossible in high season as they told me tourists spendat least one hour more to enter and see only people s heads instead of Budda's head weather is cool but nice .... tour guide and driver are excellent humerous and taking care of me all the way the late lunch they brought me to is Fantastic - local personal hotpot !!"
All Inclusive Private Day Trip to Jade Gate Pass, Han Dynasty Great Wall Ruin, and Ghost City from Dunhuang
* A traveler said: "Overall, one of our best days in China. Our guide Steven was very nice, attentive and quite knowledgeable about the area, and has created a very interesting hiking route across the dunes around Yangguan Pass. He even gave us a gift, our very own passport for travel, approved by the general at the pass. Lunch was very good at a local farmer's place and Yumen Guan ruins in the afternoon were a great way to end the activity. I highly recommend this activity if you want to visit this remote area and avoid the crowds of tourists at Crescent Srping Town and enjoy the out-of-this-world dune landscape around Dunhuang."
* A traveler said: "A truly excellent day out and a lovely memory. The desert is well worth visiting - really splendid - fresh air, clean environment, blue skies, interesting rock formations and historical ruins. The day was well planned and allowed for flexibility. Decided to add a jeep ride to the tour. A great idea. The driver took us through desert routes not covered on the standard route. Cathy, the guide, was very friendly and knowledgeable. Her stories brought The Gobi Desert and its ruins to life! I live in a busy city so this was a completely different and memorable day out. Would recommend it."
Frequently Asked Questions
- 8-Day Silk Road Trip of Dunhuang, Jiayuguan, Zhangye with Accommodation
- Private Customized the Silk Road Tour
- Dunhuang Day Tour: Mogao Grottoes, Singing Sand Dunes and The Silk Road Show
- Dunhuang Private Day Tour Mogao Grottoes, Singing Dunes and Crescent Moon Spring
- Your Private Gold Medal Tour Guide Service
- Things to do in Western China
- Things to do in Yinchuan
- Things to do in Zhangye
- Things to do in Urumqi
- Things to do in Xining
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Lanzhou
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Xinjiang
- Things to do in Tibet
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in West Bengal