Song Xian Qiao Antique Market
Song Xian Qiao Antique Market is a hustling, bustling, overwhelming display that is not to be missed. The market stretches over 5 acres (2 hectares) and houses 500 to 800 stalls at any given time. For the most established vendors, look in the 3-story buildings along Modi and Huan Hua creeks. Shop around to compare prices before committing to a purchase, and be on the lookout for clever replicas, especially if you’re in the market for pricier antiques.
Things to Know Before You Go
Song Xian Qiao Antique Market is a must-visit for shopping enthusiasts and foodies.
It’s a good idea to bring local currency in small denominations, and be prepared to haggle.
Not all “antiques” sold in the market are original or authentic, so know what to look for before you shop.
How to Get There
The market is located near Du Fu's Cottage and Wu Hou Temple on Huan Hua Bei Lu Road. Take bus 13, 64, or 78 to Qingjiang East and head south along Huanhua North Road; the market will be on your left.
When to Get There
While the market opens quite early, things don’t get into full swing until late morning. Come at lunch or dinner to sample some noodles from one of the market stalls. It can get quite crowded on weekends.
Best Bets at Song Xian Qiao Antique Market
You don’t have to be in the market for expensive antiques to pick up a few things from the stalls of Song Xian Qiao. Popular souvenir items include small Buddha statues, Tibetan beads, and Mao-era currency. Those looking to bring home some local art will find beautiful Chinese watercolors, Shu embroidered pictures, and silk paintings.
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Changsha
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Shangri-La
- Things to do in Wuhan
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Guilin
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Lijiang
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China
- Chengdu Sichuan Opera Art Center
- Wangjianglou Park (Wangjiang Tower Park)
- Renmin Park (People's Park)
- Jinli Ancient Street
- Kuan Zhai Alley (Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi)
- Wuhou Memorial Temple (Temple of Marquis Wu)
- Shufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun)
- Chengdu Culture Park (Wenhua Gongyuan)
- Qingyang Palace
- Museum of Sichuan Cuisine (Chuancai Bowuguan)
- Du Fu Cottage
- Zhaojue Temple
- Jinsha Site Museum
- Happy Valley Chengdu
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding