Circled by UNESCO World Heritage Sites and brimming with thousands of teahouses, pubs, and street vendors, Chengdu is the perfect jumping-off point for a foray into the wonders of Sichuan. Here’s what to do if you have three days to spend in China’s fifth-largest city.
Shufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun)
No.23 Qintai Road, Chengdu, China
At the historic Shufeng Yayun Teahouse’s nightly performance, you can upgrade to premium seats for better views of the stage and enjoy the performance with lights snacks and tea, in addition to a massage or ear grooming. Book your tickets ahead of time for convenience, or combine a show with a hot-pot dinner and transportation for a complete experience. Be sure to arrive early to watch the performers applying their elaborate makeup and colorful costumes.
Things to Know Before You Go
Shufeng Yayun Teahouse is a must for first-time visitors to Chengdu.
The performances are suitable for families, including children.
Dress appropriately for the season as the performances are held in an outdoor theater.
How to Get There
Shufeng Yayun Teahouse is located inside Chengdu Cultural Park on Qintai Road. It’s easiest to take a taxi there. By public transportation, take bus 25, 46, or 103.
When to Get There
Performances are held every night at 8pm and last for around 90 minutes. Arrive early to see performers putting on their elaborate costumes and makeup. The performances are outdoors, so it’s best to attend a performance when the weather is pleasant.
One of the most amazing acts during a Sichuan Opera performance is face changing, where the performer rapidly changes masks. There are three main types of face-mask-change routines: wiping mask (where applied makeup is wiped off to change the face), blowing mask (where the actor blows on powder cosmetics to change the face), and pulling mask (where different masks are lightly pasted on the face and whisked away quickly one by one).
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Shufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun)?
What else should I know about attractions in Chengdu?
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Changsha
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Shangri-La
- Things to do in Wuhan
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Guilin
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Lijiang
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China
- Chengdu Culture Park (Wenhua Gongyuan)
- Qingyang Palace
- Kuan Zhai Alley (Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi)
- Museum of Sichuan Cuisine (Chuancai Bowuguan)
- Renmin Park (People's Park)
- Du Fu Cottage
- Wuhou Memorial Temple (Temple of Marquis Wu)
- Jinli Ancient Street
- Chengdu Sichuan Opera Art Center
- Jinsha Site Museum
- Song Xian Qiao Antique Market
- Wangjianglou Park (Wangjiang Tower Park)
- Happy Valley Chengdu
- Zhaojue Temple
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
- Sichuan Cuisine
- Visit Leshan Giant Buddha
- See a Sichuan Cultural Show
- Top Chengdu Temples
- 3 Days in Chengdu
- Tibet Tours from Chengdu
- How to Spend 1 Day in Chengdu
- How to Spend 2 Days in Chengdu
- How to Spend 3 Days in Chengdu
- Top Temples in Chengdu
- Sichuan Food Lover's Guide to Chengdu
- Sichuan Cultural Shows in Chengdu
- Tibet Tours from Chengdu