Jinsha Site Museum
First discovered in 2001, the Jinsha archaeological site is considered one of the most significant discoveries on the ancient Shu Kingdom. Start your exploration at the excavation site (Relics Halls) to see where the relics have been excavated and to gain an appreciation for the archaeological process. Then move on to the Exhibition Halls, where important relics are displayed. Highlights include the Sun and Immortal Bird Gold Foil and Golden Mask. Go back in time in the 4D Cinema, or walk around the extensive garden and grounds, including Jinsha Deer Park, Ebony Woods, and Jade Road.
Many tours combine visits to the Jinsha Site Museum and Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Archaeology fans can learn more about the Shu culture by adding a visit to the Sanxingdui Museum. Or opt for a private tour to add a stop at the Jinsha Site Museum to any customized itinerary.
Things to Know Before You Go
The Jinsha Site Museum is ideal for archaeology buffs.
A separate fee is required for 4D films.
Most visitors spend two to three hours here.
Audio guides are available for rent in seven languages.
Paid 90-minute guided tours are available.
The Jinsha Site Museum is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
The Jinsha Site Museum is located in the Qingyang District of Chengdu. By metro, take line 7 to Jinsha Site Museum Station (exit C); or take one of the many buses to Jinsha Site Museum East Gate Station.
When to Get There
The Jinsha Site Museum is open year-round, with longer hours in the summer and shorter hours in the winter. The museum is closed on Mondays, except in January, February, July, August, and on public holidays. Ticket sales stop one hour before closing time.
Visitors who want to learn more about the Shu culture should also visit the Sanxingdui Museum. Located about 25 miles (40 kilometers) north of Chengdu, the museum displays more than 1,000 artifacts unearthed at the site that date back 3,000 to 5,000 years.
- Things to do in Southwest China
- Things to do in Chongqing
- Things to do in Changsha
- Things to do in Tianshui
- Things to do in Guiyang
- Things to do in Shangri-La
- Things to do in Wuhan
- Things to do in Xian
- Things to do in Guilin
- Things to do in Yangshuo
- Things to do in Northern Vietnam
- Things to do in Northwest China
- Things to do in Lijiang
- Things to do in Guangxi
- Things to do in Southern China
- Du Fu Cottage
- Museum of Sichuan Cuisine (Chuancai Bowuguan)
- Qingyang Palace
- Chengdu Culture Park (Wenhua Gongyuan)
- Shufen Yayun Teahouse (Shufeng Yayun)
- Kuan Zhai Alley (Kuan Zhai Xiang Zi)
- Happy Valley Chengdu
- Renmin Park (People's Park)
- Wuhou Memorial Temple (Temple of Marquis Wu)
- Jinli Ancient Street
- Chengdu Sichuan Opera Art Center
- Song Xian Qiao Antique Market
- Zhaojue Temple
- Wangjianglou Park (Wangjiang Tower Park)
- Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding