Art of Living International Center (Art of Living Ashram)
This is the international headquarters of the Art of Living Foundation, which was founded in 1981 and has chapters in over 150 countries around the world. Visitors are welcome to visit the campus for the day and enjoy the peaceful, pleasant surroundings by taking a stroll around the grounds and joining the daily satsangs (spiritual discourses). On-site amenities include an Ayurvedic spa, pharmacy and wellness center plus a bookstore and handicraft shop.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The Art of Living Ashram is a must-visit for spiritual seekers
- Accommodations are available for those who wish to stay and do a course.
- The ashram is partially wheelchair accessible, with ramps in some areas. Residential guests can arrange for assistant services for a fee.
- Programs for kids and teens are available.
How to Get There
The ashram is located 19 miles (30 kilometers) south of Bangalore, and takes about an hour to reach by taxi with medium traffic. If you're coming by public transportation, you can catch a bus from K.R. Circle to Pattareddypalya, a two-minute walk away from the ashram, but the journey usually takes a good 1.5 hours.
When to Get There
The ashram is a year-round attraction, accessible to day visitors from early morning until evening, and a variety of courses and special programs are held throughout the year. Satsang (spiritual discourse) are held every evening (late afternoon on Sundays) and there are guided meditations and video presentations at the Information Centre late morning and afternoon. Specific timings are available on the ashram website.
The Art of Living Foundation The Art of Living Foundation is led by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, a spiritual guru whose philosophy is “unless we have a stress-free mind and a violence-free society, we cannot achieve world peace.” It’s well-known for its stress-elimination programs which combine yoga, meditation, and breathing. The Foundation also promotes humanitarian activities and projects focusing on rural development, education and the empowerment of women.
- Things to do in Coimbatore
- Things to do in Pondicherry
- Things to do in Chennai
- Things to do in Thanjavur
- Things to do in Madurai
- Things to do in Kochi
- Things to do in Jaffna
- Things to do in Goa
- Things to do in Tuticorin
- Things to do in Anuradhapura
- Things to do in Mumbai
- Things to do in Tamil Nadu
- Things to do in Kerala
- Things to do in Sigiriya
- Things to do in Northern Sri Lanka
- Innovative Film City
- Wonderla Amusement Park
- Bannerghatta National Park
- KR Market (Krishnarajendra City Market)
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace
- Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace (Daria Daulat Bagh)
- Sri Chamarajendra Park (Cubbon Park)
- Vidhana Soudha
- ISKCON Temple Bangalore (Sri Radha Krishna Temple)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
- Ragigudda Sri Prasanna Anjaneya Temple
- Indira Gandhi Musical Fountain
- Bangalore Palace