Austrian Alps Tours
* A traveler said: "This was a great trip that took us all around Salzburg and to the lake region. We got to see where key shots were taken during the movie. Our guide was great and provided a lot of insight into the making of the movie!"
* A traveler said: "The entire trip exceeded our expectations. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and engaging. The views were breathtaking!! I can’t recommend this trip enough!!"
* A traveler said: "This trip was worth the money. We did the full day trip and we enjoyed our Guide Walter, he was knowledgeable and funny. We enjoyed skipping the lines at the Eagles nest (be sure to have cash they don't accept credit cards). Lunch felt rushed the recommended restaurant took too long to serve us, we barely finished our food. The kids (8,10,18) really enjoyed the salt mines. One of the workers at the gift shop refused to let us in because we weren't wearing FFP2 masks while she was not wearing one either -when I mentioned it she got very rude and said she could cause she worked there! Don't understand her logic but I'm probably better off without their overpriced tourist crap anyway. Ended the tour at kings lake-just beautiful! I'd definitely recommend this tour!!"
* A traveler said: "The beauty of all Tour guide was entertaining Good direction given as to where everything was located, food was great and not too overly expensive"
* A traveler said: "The evening was an absolute delight. Salzburg is a hotbed of music, and the talent of the musicians and singers was truly impressive. The dinner hall was on the second floor of one of the oldest running restaurants in Europe (open since ~803 AD). Chamber music and operatic pieces were performed between the courses of a three course meal. It was a truly memorable evening. If you have limited time in Salzburg it is well worth your time!"
* A traveler said: "Have been in Europe for mine days and this was the best experience my daughter and I have had yet. The food was great and the view from the castle spectacular. The setting of the concert intimate."
* A traveler said: "Loved boat ride, dinner, and concert! Go with the VIP! Beautiful sunset and the restaurant could not have been nicer for my husband’s birthday!"
* A traveler said: "Patrick, with MCM Tours and Travel - Salzburg, customized our trip to Hallstatt, Hallein and the Eagles Nest attractions to meet our groups desire to see the best sites that Salzburg has to offer. Patrick was a knowledgeable and excellent conversationalist. He answered questions about food, customs and places to stay as well as explaining the rich history of Austria and the complications of the world wars in the Salzburg area. Worth every penny to have a knowledgeable driver and your guide."
* A traveler said: "Very knowledgeable guide, small group during COVID was an advantage and gave us more time to explore the sites. This is the best time to travel and tour!"
* A traveler said: "As others have said, these are 2 different trips. The morning was spent exploring the salt mines on a train, a slide and a raft - great fun! The afternoon trip to lake Wolfgang was beautiful. Quaint little villages and stunning scenery."
* A traveler said: "Just fantastic, great hall, good acoustics, perfect group with creativity and lightness. Can only recommend it."
* A traveler said: "The first part of the tour was just ok. he took us all over but he didn't want to answer questions. The second part was amazing. The tour guide was very informative."
* A traveler said: "While expensive this private tour provided so much more than the "bus tour" this company also provides. If you can afford this I highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "We were expecting dinner with the concert and were embarrassed to find out our tickets only covered the concert. We would up paying for the dinner and enjoyed the meal tremendously. The concert was a "not to be missed" event. I won't spoil it for you, but please attend this event!"
* A traveler said: "This was truly a special event. The place was amazing, dinner was delicious and the music very pleasant. Go for the vip package…so worth it!!!"
* A traveler said: "Nice trip to Wolfgangsee with an interesting guide, a cruise from Sankt Gilgen and one hour free in Sankt Wolfgang"
* A traveler said: "Great experience and met some fascinating people. The food was great and who knew it came from Turkey!"
* A traveler said: "The grounds of the hotel were out of a dream! You find yourself in a state of trying to permanently imprint the beauty in your mind. The service was good but not great with one person manning the small cafe/bar and the front desk during evening hours. Rooms were clean and comfortable."
* A traveler said: "The tour was lovely with a small group and an energetic tour guide. She was knowledgable and had great stories and insights beyond the typical info Highly recommend this over the huge bus tours."
* A traveler said: "Michael couldn't have been any better. Very knowledgeable and personable. Went out of his way to ensure our visit was a success. The weather was terrible (snow, rain, and fog) but Michael handled the driving and commentary very well."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Private Tour: Eagle's Nest, Berchtesgaden, Golling Waterfalls and Lake Fuschl
- Salzburg Super Saver: Original Sound of Music and Salt Mines Day Trip
- 'The Sound of Music' Private Tour with Breakfast at Schloss Leopoldskron
- Austrian Lakes and Mountains Half-Day Tour from Salzburg
- Austrian Apple Strudel Cooking Class including Lunch
- Mozart Square (Mozartplatz)
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre (Marionettentheater)
- Hohensalzburg Fortress (Festung Hohensalzburg)
- Salzburg Museum
- Salzburg Zoo
- Imperial Palace (Hofburg)
- Large Festival Hall (Grosses Festspielhaus)
- Salzburg Cathedral (Dom zu Salzburg)
- Georg Trakl Memorial (Traklhouse)
- National Park Hohe Tauern
- Eggenberg Palace (Schloss Eggenberg)
- Graz Clock Tower (Grazer Uhrturm)
- Michael Haydn Museum
- Audioversum Science Center
- Kunsthaus Graz Art Museum (Kunsthaus Graz)
- Museum of Modern Art Salzburg Mönchsberg (Museum der Moderne am Mönchsberg)
- Graz City Hall (Grazer Rathaus)
- Toy Museum (Spielzeugmuseum)
- Golden Roof (Goldenes Dachl)
- Tratzberg Castle (Schloss Tratzberg)
- Mirabell Palace and Gardens (Schloss Mirabell und Mirabellgarten)
- Mozart Residence (Mozart-Wohnhaus)
- Hellbrunn Palace (Schloss Hellbrunn)
- Salzburg Old Town (Salzburger Altstadt)
- Schloss Leopoldskron
- Eagle's Nest (Kehlsteinhaus)
- Salzburg Salt Mines (Salzbergwerk)
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Graz
- Things to do in Upper Austria
- Things to do in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Bled
- Things to do in Linz
- Things to do in Passau
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Things to do in Istria
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Central Croatia