Top Amsterdam Cruises & Sailing
- Get a unique perspective of Amsterdam's top attractions on a comprehensive canal cruise.
- Cruise the capital city's historic waterways in a classic glass-enclosed canal boat.
- See famous sights including the Anne Frank House, Skinny Bridge (Magere Burg), Golden Bend (Gouden Bocht), and the old port.
- Enjoy views of the city's charming waterfront from the best vantage point—the water.
- Learn about what you're seeing from a tour guide or recorded audio commentary.
245 results | All Amsterdam Tours
* A traveler said: "Good sightseeing. Excellent commentary from Skipper Gus and Host Jay. Lots of fun. The weather was perfect and we really appreciated the extra time on the boat."
* A traveler said: "Its very cool, good moments, and learn i recommand this for learn history of Amsterdam and see à beautiful vew."
* A traveler said: "Seeing the city from a different perspective was worth the trip by itself. It also provided an audio description with the provided headphones."
* A traveler said: "Super Guide. Very beautiful and chilled ride in Amsterdam. Perfect organized and excellent for JGA!!"
* A traveler said: "This was a nice relaxing trip around Amsterdam! The audio was very good and provided a lot of details. Highly recommended. Also I noticed a family take their lunch aboard another boat to enjoy, wished I had thought of that. Lastly, the boat Captain was extremely skilled in maneuvering the boat, it was remarkable at times."
* A traveler said: "This was a great tour! Enjoyed the guides (both had a great sense of humor) and the wine and cheese.🙂"
* A traveler said: "This tour was great, it gave really interesting information and was so easy to see everything and gave you chase to see things you wouldn’t maybe see from the paths. Well worth it and such a friendly crew."
* A traveler said: "We has a blast with Marc and the rest of the guests on our two hour tour. There were lots of drinks, snacks and great entertainment from the welcoming captain."
* A traveler said: "Was good craic and something a bit different, didn't last very long but wasn't too expensive. Get the large ice glass as you get more free drink!"
* A traveler said: "Really lovely cruise ! Extremely friendly and happy staff, super nice way to spend the evening ! :) Thank you !"
* A traveler said: "Mark and Cynthia were an absolute delight ! Not only did they make us feel very comfortable, but they also taught us a lot of interesting things about Amsterdam, the canals and ships. You can really feel the love and passion they have for this lifestyle. As far as the boat itself was also very cosy and nice. It was clean and had a functional setup with a table in the middle and the seats on the inner borders. This is the perfect activity for all types of groups i promise ! We are definitly coming back! Once again, Cynthia and Mark, THANK YOU WE HAD SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME !"
* A traveler said: "Captain Tommy and the Swedish chick were great hosts! Great city insights...especially historic landmarks."
* A traveler said: "Our Tour Guide Pap was amazing, he was funny, knowledgeable, very kind and so very accommodating. We truly enjoyed out time."
* A traveler said: "A great way to spend a few hours. The Heineken experience was great learning about the history of the brewery. Samples were a bonus as well. The canal cruise was a little more than an hour and was a great way to see the city and relax."
* A traveler said: "The entire trip to Amsterdam was highlighted by the wonderfully tour by Sebi. Between his personal knowledge of the city and the fabulous charcuterie and drinks provided, he has the consummate evening tour. Nothing could be better on the canals!! Thank you Sebi!!!"
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was very knowledge guy and some times very funny. He went into details about places along the canal.|overall it was an good experience.We didn't have enough time for full visit to all the lovely places.|Will come again. Thanks viator"
* A traveler said: "My wife and I really enjoyed the 2 hours. Wish is was longer but still got to see a lot. The views were amazing and it was all you could drink from the minute you got on the boat. There was 5 guess on the boat."
* A traveler said: "The cruise was a great way to see the sights of a beautiful city! Myself and my wife loved the tour it gave us an insight of what to expect on our trip & the staff were very warm and welcoming."
* A traveler said: "Great hosts, comfy boat, never had an empty glass. It was a lovely tour seeing different areas of Amsterdam, we went on a very cold day and the boat was no where near as cold as outside. Would say next time would love to hear some of the stories."
* A traveler said: "Easy to find meeting place. Just on the other side of Centraal Station via free ferry. Rep was very courteous and helpful. Short bus ride to Windmill Village. Awesome demo of making wooden shoes. The lady was very knowledgeable about Gouda cheese.and the cheese shop was awesome. We only went inside the free spice Windmill with the wheels for stone grinding. Nice gift shops on property and we had adequate free time to walk around. Our guide was very informative. Good value."
* A traveler said: "At 3 PM on a crisp September afternoon Rederij De Jordaan eased his immaculately maintained, sleek salon boat alongside the dock and welcomed us aboard with a gracious smile, chocolate covered strawberries, cheese and wine. What was billed as a 1.5 hour tour became a fascinating & informative cruise of more than 2 hours around Amsterdam Harbor during which he generously shared an obvious love for his city and its rich history. We could not have been more pleased with his service. If you consider a tour of this type you MUST book him!"
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a elegant voyage on this magical little ship. Captain Reinhard was a friendly and knowledgeable skipper. The bubbly never stopped flowing start to finish. There are less expense ways to cruise the canals, but none are luxurious and unique. Highly recommended for a special occasion."
* A traveler said: "Karl was the best! We loved his boat and his company. This is a great excursion to choose if you want to see alot of Amsterdam by water, get oriented, have some relaxing drinks and hear good stories about the city. It is well worth it!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Classes & Workshops
- Food & Drink
- Outdoor Activities
- Seasonal & Special Occasions
- Tickets & Passes
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Breakfast Cruises
- Brunch Cruises
- Canal Cruises
- Coffee Cruises
- Day Cruises
- Dinner Cruises
- Multi-day Cruises
- Night Cruises
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shore Excursions
- Sightseeing Cruises
- Sunset Cruises
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services
- Unique Experiences
- Red Light Secrets (Museum of Prostitution)
- Artis Amsterdam Royal Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra)
- Skinny Bridge (Magere Brug)
- De Gooyer Windmill
- Amsterdam Tulip Museum
- Pathé Tuschinski Theater
- Amstel River
- Zaanse Schans
- National Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)
- Museum Willet-Holthuysen
- EYE Film Institute (EYE Filmmuseum)
- Portuguese Synagogue
- House of Bols
- Venustempel Sex Museum
- Leiden Square (Leidseplein)
- Torture Museum
- Allard Pierson Museum
- Albert Cuyp Market
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
Day Trips from Amsterdam
- Amsterdam to Keukenhof Gardens
- Amsterdam to Brussels
- Amsterdam to Antwerp
- Amsterdam to Rotterdam
- Amsterdam to Bruges
- Amsterdam to The Hague
- Amsterdam to Zaanse Schans
- Amsterdam to Zaandam
- Amsterdam to Ghent
- Amsterdam to Eindhoven
- Amsterdam to Hoorn
- Amsterdam to Alkmaar
- Amsterdam to Leeuwarden
- Amsterdam to Arnhem