This slow, winding canal served as a moat around Amsterdam before the capital city expanded in 1585. Today, Singel has become a top attraction thanks to scenic passes and easy access to a number of Amsterdam’s most popular neighborhoods, including the infamous Red Light District.
Travelers looking to explore the Singel can peruse Bloemenmarkt—a well-known flower market that’s comprised of floral-filled boats floating between Koninsplein and Muntplein squares. And a trip along the canal will take travelers past architectural masterpieces from the Dutch Golden era, including iconic houses, the Munttoren tower and the library of the University of Amsterdam. A stroll along the Singel is the perfect way to enjoy an early spring day while taking in the sites, culture and history of one of the Netherlands most favorite cities.
Ways to experience Singel Canal
Browse. Filter. Book.
Should I book Singel Canal tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Singel Canal 2020?
What's the best way to experience Singel Canal?
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise in Luxury River Boat - Small Group - from AnneFrank House
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise in Classic River Boat With Drinks & Dutch Cheese
- Amsterdam Small-Group, Guided Evening Canal Cruise with Bar on Board
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise with Recorded Commentary
Things to do near Amsterdam
- Things to do in Zaandam
- Things to do in Hoorn
- Things to do in The Hague
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Eindhoven
- Things to do in Antwerp
- Things to do in Ghent
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Düsseldorf
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders